Onanon, Inc. is a world class connector / cable assembly manufacturer that prides itself on supporting our customers with the ability to design & produce electro-mechanical interconnect systems for a variety of industries (Medical, Automotive, Industrial, Aviation, Defense, Commercial).
Our team is looking for a candidate that has a personality that matches Onanon’s affable culture (friendly, supportive, easy to talk to) who is passionate about design, out-of-the-box thinker, self-driven to innovate and wow our customers with industrial connection system designs. The ideal candidate will have obsessive attention to detail and never find “good enough” an acceptable outcome while consistently meeting fluid and tight deadlines with a strong sense of professional pride and personal ownership.
As a Mechatronics Engineer, you will be in charge of multiple design projects at any one time. You will be aided by our design and manufacturing teams to bring the projects from concept to production.
Required Skills / Experience
- Knowledge in the design, engineering and manufacturing of electro-mechanical related products
- Experience using Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) and Tolerance Analysis tools to generate production level drawings
- Proficient in Solidworks 3D modeling and rendering
- Ability to work on conceptual design layout, prototyping, fixture/tooling design
- Creative problem solver able to figure out ways to get things done quickly, efficiently, and professionally
- Self-driven, works well independently and with the team
- Experience with Electro-Mechanical Systems/ Mechatronics
- Experience in Python/C++
- Experienced developing Control Systems
- Experience with robotics – programming microcontrollers, 3D printer (or equivalent) design, etc
- Ability to produce results quickly and effectively
- Works closely with customers and vendors on new product designs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design / production environment
- Excellent communication skills, including written and spoken – Ability to clearly communicate design rational and results
- Familiarity with common lab and metrology equipment
- Experience with material selections for connector / cable applications
- Knowledge of plastic part design for injection molding, mold flow analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of printed circuit board assembly processes
- BS in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Up to 3 years of related engineering experience