Onanon, Inc. is a world class connector and cable assembly manufacturer that prides itself on supporting our customers with the ability to design & produce custom interconnect systems for a variety of industries (Medical, Automotive, Industrial, Aviation, Military, and Commercial).
We are looking for a candidate that has a personality that matches Onanon’s affable culture (friendly, supportive, easy to talk to) and is passionate about quality, out of the box thinker who has the desire to “make a difference” by engaging himself / herself in observing processes and identifying better ways to perform an activity that will reduce cost, improve quality, or increase efficiency. The qualified individual will need to have strong practical problem solving capabilities (using statistical analysis in the six sigma methodology) and be able to work with a cross functional manufacturing team to solve challenging manufacturing issues.
- Oversee inspection activities and personnel performing them
- Oversee Manufacturing Quality Engineers and tasks they are performing
- Interpret blueprint drawings, evaluate tolerances
- Lead the continuous improvement activities in all areas of manufacturing
- Play a key role in new product transfer into manufacturing from the quality side
- Oversee corrective and preventive action investigations
- Develop quality assurance plans or process control procedures that will ensure that production of finished products meets quality specifications and standards
- Develop, implement and audit control plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures / work instructions
- Establish and participate in supplier qualification / development activities to ensure that products meet design and manufacturing requirements as part of the Supplier Quality program.
- Determine process capabilities and identify improvement opportunities. Develop and implement Poka-Yoke (error proofing) methodology throughout the facility. Use Six Sigma methodology and tools to solve complex problems. Apply the lean manufacturing tools as described in the Lean System.
- Lead / support cross-functional teams in the execution and reporting of quality improvement projects with a focus on overall process improvements, scrap reduction and supplier quality improvement.
- Perform product / process analysis for cost reductions, quality / efficiency improvements
- Evaluate process data output to determine process control limits. Utilize tools such as PFMEA, 6 sigma, Lean, and equivalent statistical techniques
- Devise sampling procedures and design / develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data
- Interface with suppliers and customers to solve quality problems and improve relationships
- Perform duties as assigned
Required Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, or related discipline
- One year work experience or a Master’s Degree in lieu of experience
- Previous experience in connector / cable assembly industry a plus
- Medical industry experience is a plus
Competent in the following areas:
- Corrective Actions / Preventive Actions Management
- Knowledge of statistical problem solving methodology (Six Sigma preferred)
- Process Documentation
- Process Control Plans
- Installation Qualification, Operational Qualification, Production Qualification
- GR&R’s & Capability Studies
- Previous experience within ISO 9001 / 13485 quality management system a plus
- Understanding of IPC-A-610 / IPC-A- 620 a plus
- Experience with Verification and Validation activities throughout the New Product Introduction process a plus