Founded in 1979 in Milpitas, California, Onanon is an innovative engineering and manufacturing company that makes specialized connectors and customizable cable assemblies with integrated electronics. We are one of the largest custom OEM manufacturers in North America, with capabilities to produce and ship over 14 million interconnects each month. Onanon offers both build-to-print and customized interconnect solutions of the highest quality, built locally by our engineering team with a quick turnaround time. We value innovation, precision, and a strong desire to make the best products possible for our customers in all of the work we do.
The Manufacturing-Quality engineer is responsible for creating new product lines and maintain existing legacy processes. They are also responsible for continuous improvement of manufacturing processes within the organization. The manufacturing-quality engineer will also be responsible for validation of processes and product before launch and be involved in all stages of the product lifecycle.
- Responsible for safe and efficient operation of multiple manufacturing processes and product lines and continuous improvement of the manufacturing operations.
- Work closely with the engineering group in the design and development of new product lines, equipment selection, fabrication methodology selection.
- Responsible for identifying and solving internal production issues.
- Design, test and implement new tooling and fixturing. Create engineering drawings for tooling and fixturing.
- Create and maintain work instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Create and maintain quality control documents (Inspection Masters, Control Plans, PFMEAs, Process Flow etc.) as required by internal and customer driven quality requirements.
- Responsible for training operators on new and updated quality requirements and manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for managing corrective action and preventive action investigations.
- Communicate with suppliers to solve quality problems.
- Represent manufacturing / quality in customer facing meetings during new product development.
The Manufacturing-Quality engineer is also expected to assist with other relevant tasks as needed.
Required Skills / Experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and quality control.
- Proficient with 3D modeling software and drawing creation.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Experience with electro-mechanical assembly processes (PCB, SMT, Soldering etc.)
- Experience with ISO 13485 / FDA CFR 21 Part 820.
- Understanding of IPC-A-610, IPC-A-620.
- Experience with verification and validation activities throughout product lifecycle including but not limited to PPAPs, Installation and Operational Qualification, Test Method Validation etc. and the documentation of these activities.
- Experience with lean manufacturing, six-sigma and other process improvement methodologies.
- Experience with machining, creation of CNC programs.